If you are a marketer seeking the best ROI for your next digital campaign, you can’t go wrong with video marketing. The majority of digital marketers agree that your website needs video content, even if your website is not focused on videos or creating and sharing video content itself.
Video content is extremely accessible, whether you are promoting a simple online store or a massive international brand. You can use video to share your message on multiple channels. From the use of a third-party platform (such as YouTube and Vimeo) to using your own website (or both), engaging your audience on social media, etc. – videos can be shared just about everywhere.
With more than 95% of Americans having access to some form of smartphone or internet today, video content is being consumed at a faster pace than ever in human history. Because sharing has become an integral factor in using the internet today, video content is one of the best forms of media to use to go viral or to spread a message quickly.
Maintaining the attention of your viewers is another major challenge that marketers and business owners face. To keep the attention of prospective customers, the use of video is ideal. Here are some tips to keep in mind when creating video content to engage your audience.
- Keep your video short and succinct: A video that is under 2 minutes is ideal for a “long video.” Short clips lasting anywhere from 7 seconds to 30 seconds will also perform well when attempting to appeal to younger demographics. Videos that are over seven minutes in length are likely to turn users away to find an alternative source for the content they are seeking.
- Choose a modern and appealing aesthetic: Using a pleasing aesthetic goes a long way. Videos that use grainy, outdated, or bland color schemes are less likely to keep the attention of the viewer.
Establish Yourself as an Authority
If you are creating a business or brand from the ground up, using a website video can help you stand out from the competition. Establishing yourself as an authority with the use of a professionally designed modern video can also help others to remember you – and hopefully, genuinely connect with your authentic brand message.
Garner a Genuine Following with Video Content
Posting regular video updates is a great way to garner a following who is loyal to your brand and your message. Keep the following tips in mind if you’re thinking about building a loyal following by creating regular video content:
- Consistency is key when it comes to posting videos along with any other brand-based content.
- Choose a voice that is most likely to resonate with your audience and what they need from you.
- Consider how you are solving a problem for your visitors and/or existing customers before creating a new video campaign. What are their challenges, and how does your brand provide solutions?
- Engage with your audience by requesting feedback and responding to comments and inquiries that are relevant to your most recent video campaigns.
- Host contests and/or giveaways to help promote engagement and interaction with any new video you upload.
Video content brings some great value to the table for businesses of any size! Need authentic and engaging video content that captures the essence of your brand and resonates with your audience? Team up with our experienced videographer and video project manager to create company overviews for your website, testimonial videos, product videos, compelling content for social media, and more. We’ll work with you through the entire production process, including scripting, filming, and editing.