What are Google Reviews?
Google Reviews allow customers who have a Google account to post a review online. To take advantage of Google Reviews, your business must have a Google My Business account. This will get your business listed and visible to customers.
Positive online reviews establish credibility for your business and boost its online presence by ranking higher in search results. You can incorporate reviews into your marketing strategy, using customer feedback as a sales pitch.
How to get good customer reviews?
- Make a list of happy customers to contact and request a review.
- Don’t forget to monitor social media channels for pleased customers who mention your business and add them to your list.
- Timing is everything, so choose it wisely. Customers are more likely to leave a review after a job well-done. Don’t wait a year to ask for a review. You don’t want their enthusiasm for your business to wane. Capture it while it’s fresh.
- If emailing the request, personalize it to make the customer feel special. Include their first name and company name and mention the product or service you provided. Keep the request short, simple and casual. Don’t sound desperate or needy. No one likes a beggar.
- If you check in with customers in-person on a regular basis, ask them to write a review when you meet.
- If you send packages to customers, include a nice note or card asking them to submit a review.
- Make posting a review easy. Even happy customers don’t have time to jump through hoops! Here’s how to share a review link with customers that you can then email to them or print on a card and hand or mail to them.
- Manners count. Don’t forget to thank the customer for taking the time to leave a review.
- Don’t overlook the obvious when it comes to asking for reviews. For example, include the request on your website, social media channels, newsletter, receipts and so forth.
If your business is not taking advantage of Google Reviews, you’re missing the chance to improve your SEO and build brand awareness. Boost your business and stay ahead of the competition today with Google Reviews.