When you use a traditional landline phone, your number is tied to your location. A VoIP (Voice Over Internet Protocol) phone system operates over the internet instead of traditional phone lines. With a VoIP phone system, the service goes where you go as long as you have an internet connection. It’s not dependent on a physical line. This is a BIG win for businesses!
Other benefits of a VoIP phone system include the following:
- Cheaper: A VoIP phone system costs less than traditional phone service. You pay a low monthly per-user fee, unlike a traditional service that, on top of your regular monthly bill, charges you every time a technician fixes a faulty line or troubleshoots a problem. These visits can add up to big bucks for a business!
- Accessibility: A cloud-based VoIP service allows you to make calls from anywhere in the world. Remote employees can access work phone lines and features that were traditionally only available when they were in the office. This means employees can stay productive and accessible regardless of their location.
- Scalability: With a VoIP phone system, there’s no need to purchase additional lines or dedicated software as your business grows. VoIP software makes it incredibly easy to add new users.
- Easy integration: VoIP easily integrates with a wide variety of existing business systems. Employees love it when they’re able to connect with tools they’re already using.
- Simplified video conferencing: It’s super easy to share media (Think images, video, and documents.) during your phone or video calls. Yay for being able to multitask during important meetings!
- Advanced features: VoIP phone systems offer features that are often not available or too expensive on landline systems. Things like voicemail, call queues, and custom music while on hold.
- Easier to fix: No need to call in a technician. Most VoIP-related issues can be fixed remotely and in a matter of minutes.
- Better reliability: Traditional phone lines are vulnerable to outside mishaps, such as the weather. With VoIP, you are free from many of the issues that arise from traditional phone lines.
- Better sound quality: When using a VoIP phone system, you’ll experience incredible audio clarity with every call.
- Increased security: VoIP can guard against business security threats, such as fraudulent phone calls, by leveraging IP technology advancements, such as encryption and identity management.
These are just a few of the reasons businesses are switching from traditional telephone systems to VoIP systems. It’s a unified communications solution that fits businesses of all sizes.
Our technology experts are available to answer your questions and help you determine your options when it comes to the right business phone system. Contact us to schedule an assessment or learn more.